ISAIAH is a vehicle for congregations, clergy, and people of faith to act collectively and powerfully towards racial and economic equity in the state of Minnesota.
By uniting local congregations in a large regional organization, ISAIAH strengthens the ability of people of faith to to address both local and regional community issues, including mass incarceration, immigration, healthcare, and racial inequity.
- ISAIAH believes that leadership development unites and allows people to take powerful steps to improve the quality of our community.
- ISAIAH values ethnic and religious diversity in communities and sees this diversity as enriching and healthy.
- ISAIAH believes in the power of acting collectively in ways that are consistent with our faith values and principles of democracy.
- ISAIAH believes that all people have the ability to co-create our environment.
- ISAIAH believes in the possibility of transforming people, our public institutions and culture.
- We are working to create a Minnesota that ensures the conditions in which all Minnesotans can be healthy. Together we commit to eliminating place-based and race-based health inequities to ensure all Minnesotans have an opportunity for good health.
- We are working to create a Minnesota where the benefits of public infrastructure — roads, bridges, transit, residential and commercial development — are distributed equitably. This includes opportunities for economic growth, community health, and the increase in wealth that occurs with major transportation, housing or commercial developments.
- We are working to create a Minnesota that aligns our public investments and applies our collective resources to achieve equity in education, and that opens access to opportunity to students of color across Minnesota.
- We are working to create a Minnesota that seeks fairness in all its dealings, eliminating financial discrimination against communities of color, supporting best practices in foreclosure prevention, and taking an aggressive approach to enforcing fair lending laws.